Tuesday, September 25, 2007

what i'm trying to say

The world is a funny funny place. How can a tv station go from one headline "Burmese Monks in Protest" to "Kiefer Sutherland in DUI arrest". Yeah, because a nations right to democracy is the same as an overindulgent actors pastimes.
I love celebrity gossip but please, let's keep things in context.
I don't know enough on the matter to go off on a rant but if people want to march for their freedom, they should be allowed. I read that the pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi made an appearance outside her home (where she's been under house arrest for the past 11 years) in support of the protesting monks. Burma is run by a military government, what they say, goes. They're even threatening the innocent protesters saying that they're putting their lives at risk. It infuriates me beyond belief that we live in a world where things like this still happen. The majority of us either brush it under the carpet or, even worse, are completely ignorant of what's going on.
This is one headline I definitely will be keeping an eye on.
Personally I don't care about the level of alcohol in Jack Bauers blood. But that's just me.

No comments: