Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Always the same

Irish is a hilarious language. Now they have South Park in Irish on television! Brilliant! It's a pity more of us don't speak it. I have no idea how about 70% of the population can learn a language for 14 years (from the ages of 4-18) yet not be able to speak a word! It's embarrassing.

The job hunt continues. I've seen some pretty good ones so we'll see what happens. I can't believe it's October already, this year is flying by. It irritates me to see Christmas displays already though. It's ridiculous. I think it looses its' magic. If we were to keep all things Christmas out of the shops etc until 1st December, I think the atmosphere would be nicer. In Ireland, radio stations refuse to play any Christmas songs until the 1st. I can't wait to watch Love Actually in the run up! I've been on a Colin Firth binge recently! He was on an english chat show on Saturday promoting his new film. I can't believe he's 47, he looks great.
Useless fact: There is only 1 day between him and Hugh Grant. They were both born in September 1960, Grant on the 9th and Firth on the 10th!
Anyway, I've been watching Pride and Prejudice (The BBC one, not the Kiera Knightley one-awful) on video! When it originally aired on tv in 1995, I watched it with my mum and granny. My Granny bought the videos for me and we used to watch them. It's a story that will never get old, and Colin Firth is a darling.

It's too soon to make New Years Resolutions but I want to learn how to ski, or at least give it a go. I'm thinking Alps next spring!

2 comments:

Marie said...

HE'S 47!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He's OLD. He looks 40!

Lana said...

i know! he looks so good though.