Wednesday, September 12, 2007

jobity job job

Job hunting is a difficult task. It's even more difficult when you don't know what you're looking for. Take each day as it comes, that phrase is really thrown out the window when it comes to these matters. If I was to follow that motto (and I only mean in reference to jobs), I'd probably be homeless in a month. I would love nothing more than to travel all over at this stage. But what do you need to do this? MONEY. I could always get a loan but the thought of being in debt irks me. I need to find my forte but at this point I don't really know what it is. Wouldn't it be great if someone else could decide your entire life for you. You would queue up, go to a booth where a man would give you a page with boxes to tick, which would be analysed and within seconds you would be living your dream life, in your dream country, with a dream job and family. Sounds perfect ey? It would, of course, defeat the whole purpose of what we know as life. The thing's that have made us who we are, that have molded us, would be rendered pointless.

I think it's crazy how much there is in the world. I know it's a vague statement but there's so much to do and it scares me that I won't do enough. For example, I was in the bookshop the other day and I spent a good hour browsing. This is one of my favourite things to do when I'm by myself. As I was looking, I began thinking about how many books exist and how many of those books I've actually read. I don't even want to know how low a percentage that would be. From now on when I'm buying a book, I'm going to be spontaneous!
Re-reading that paragraph has really confirmed my suspicions of how much of a geek I am!
Seriously though, if you've read a good book, please recommend!

Kanye West has hit out at MTV over their decision to let Britney open the VMAs. I watched the show, and it really was a trainwreck. I don't think the backlash is overboard but some of it is unnecessarily mean. Sure she doesn't have the washboard abs she used to, but she has had two children and compared to most women she is still on the smaller side. I still have faith in her (I think I'm the only one) and think she'll be able to bounce back, I don't know when though!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Waow.You're getting philosophical there, missy:) Good luck with the job hunting.
It's true that some of the comments made about Brits were too harsh. She is not fat. Most Americans looks fatter than that. She shouldn't have had this bikini thing one, that's true.And Perez Hilton is awful with her.Telling her "Fuck you" all the time.It's disgusting and he should take a look at himself first